Getting the recommended daily intake of dietary fiber can be a challenge. However, there are plenty of ways to incorporate more fiber into everyday meals that you already love! As we move into cooler months, you and your family may have a hankering for more hearty suppers that pack a punch when it comes to nutritional content. This green bean salad with a cherry vinaigrette is sure to be a hit with everyone at your dinner table.
Prep + Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 ½ pounds slender green beans (haricot verts or Blue Lake)
- ½ cup toasted and chopped walnuts
Wisk together the olive oil, shallots, Sherry wine vinegar, mint, salt, and sugar. Once mixed, add the dried cherries and set aside.
Cook green beans in boiling, salted water until crisp yet tender (less than 5 minutes). Drain and let cool. Toss green beans, vinaigrette and walnuts in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature.
Serve and wait for the chorus of “mmm’s” from your family!